Getting Started with Your Virgin Mobile Service in Canada
Please Note: You must follow steps before the SIM will allow calling. These instructions need to be followed exactly or your SIM will not work
1. Activate the SIM,
2. Apply the Calling Plan PIN
NOTE: PIN must been applied within 24 hours of activating your SIM. We recommend you activate your SIM and apply your PIN the day you travel to Canada
- Follow the below link to the activation website or call 1-888-999-2321
- Follow the on-screen promts
* If you ordered a calling plan, the Pay-As-You-Go voucher PIN number will be emailed to you separately. If you do not have a Voucher PIN you may purchase one when activating with a credit card.
- Choose a pre-paid pay-by-the minute or monthly plan on the below website
- Follow the on-screen prompts
* Once your SIM has been activated and the calling plan PIN applied your phone will be ready for normal use.
General Phone Tips
Swap out your home SIM card with your travel destination SIM card. For detailed instructions go to:
TIP: Take a piece of cellophane tape with you so you can tape your Home SIM into the Travel SIM card holder while you are traveling
For downloading a configuration utility, go to:
Run the configuration utility from a WiFi zone when you have the local SIM for your travel destination installed, (At the airport, a coffee shop or your hotel)
TIP: Be sure to save your Home APN configuration before you input the travel destination SIM configuration so you can return home and return your home configuration easily. Most carriers SIMs can be configured with the configuration utility if you forget.
- On-line go to: https://travelersmobile.com/can-refill/
- Go to most gas stations, drug stores or Walmart stores in Canada.
While travelling in Canada you can contact Virgin Mobile direct at: 1-800-667-0123
Additional contact information is available at: virginmobile.ca/en/support/contact-us